A simple guide on how to reconstitute dried chillies:
1. Pour boiling water over the dried chillies in a bowl (enough to cover).
2. Press down with spoon to make them submerge.
3. Soak the chillies for around 15 minutes.
4. Discard the water when you are done
5. Some chillies ‘plump’ up more than others when ready, so do not be alarmed if they still have slightly papery skin.
You can use this method to reconstitute bhut or naga jolokias, habaneros, pequin peppers, de arbol chillies, tepin chillies, aji amarillo chillies, aji panca chillies, chipotle chillies.